Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Do blondes have more fun?





Check out that hair! Check out that body! Check out that clear, tattoo-free skin! I had pretty much given up hope that Freja would snag any major campaigns this season, but I should have known better. With a face and body like that, her omission from this season's campaign landscape would have been a mistake. Luckily Inez and Vinoodh heard the collective wishes of the Behans and photographed Freja, along with Daria, for Roberto Cavalli's SS09 campaign.

I'm still not sure how I really feel about the blonde hair. I&V really seem to prefer that look for Freja as they have given it to her for all their recent collaborations--the Self Service editorial comes immediately to mind. Regardless, I'm just so happy to see Freja bringing it. She might only have three shots compared to Daria's nine, but she really makes those three work. It would have been wonderful to see Freja and Daria together in one shot, but beggars can't be choosers. At this point I'm thrilled with what we've got! I'll save my Freja/Daria collaboration wishes for another time.

2009 has started off really well for Freja. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that us fans will continue to get a steady stream of work from her. The first test will be her show log for the upcoming FW season. Will we see her on the runways in NY, Milan and Paris? Or will she skip out early like she did last season? I think we're all hoping its the first scenario, and if that's the case then maybe we'll see more ad campaigns next season as a result.

Image Credits: robertocavalli.com via Alien Sex Friend at tFS

No comments: