Monday, February 9, 2009

Thank you Karl!


Freja is definitely back in the good graces of Karl Lagerfeld. First she showed up on the runway of his Chanel Haute Couture show looking bright, delicate and very bridal. And now here she is looking dark, moody and mysterious in the SS09 ad for his eponymous line. This season is turning out quite well for her! First Roberto Cavalli and now Karl Lagerfeld. Are there any other campaigns yet to be released? If so, I'm half expecting Freja to be in them. :)

In case anyone is wondering, she's wearing the 15th look from the show, as seen below on Sara Blomqvist.


The collection was in my top ten from this past season. I especially loved the arm wrapping jewelry and gauntlet-like cuffs on some of the models.

And the silver dress that Anna Jagodzinska wore to close out the show was particularly beautiful in its simplicity. I would love to see Freja in that look for a campaign shot. However, I think this is a smaller campaign so I'm not sure we'll see anything else. Does anyone know for sure?

All of this is making me even more excited for fashion month beginning in a few days time! Freja seems to be back at full force so hopefully we won't be disappointed. And you can totally bet that I'll be keeping my eyes peeled to see who gets the opening or closing slots at all of Karl's shows.

Image Credits: Scan by helligirl @ tFS from March 09 German Vogue, style.com

No comments: