Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Teen Vogue

There is a little feature on Freja's street style in the August issue of Teen Vogue:



The section is appropriately titled "Tough Chic" and also features Karmen Pedaru, another model favorite of mine. I think this is probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing them in a shoot together. I like how they're similarly dressed, but the devil is in the details. Freja wears Chanel boots and carries Balenciaga, while Karmen opts for Frye boots and carries Chanel. Freja tucks and Karmen un-tucks, yet both push up their sleeves. Karmen also adds a very cool lariat around her neck and it's small details like that that absolutely have me enthralled with model street style.

I'm sure some people find model street style boring and predictable. You always get a proliferation of black, leather, skinny jeans, heels, tees and it-bags. I don't care how repetitive it may seem--I love it. And if you look closely enough you can always find the little things that make each outfit special and unique.

The best thing about a feature like this is that they give you suggestions for where to shop if you want to re-create the look at home, because not everyone can afford Balenciaga.

Image Credit: Altamira.blogspot.com

1 comment:

nothing said...

I'm going to have to go out and buy an issue of Teen Vogue now.