Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thanks JD

I've always wondered what Freja's model card at IMG looked like. Now, thanks to JD Ferguson and his blog/twitter, I know:



Most agencies have a wall of photographs displaying all their models. You can kind of get the sense of what a wall would look like from Daria's recent editorial in US Vogue:



These cards are different from the model show cards that come out prior to fashion week. Sometimes they're the cover of a magazine or just a shot from an editorial like Freja's is. I really have no idea what these cards are used for. I would venture to guess they're used as advertising to potential clients, and the wall itself is probably like an achievement wall for the agency.

I wonder how they decide what image to use? Freja's card shows great body movement, but it doesn't really show her amazing face or her versatility. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at IMG so I could get more insight into what happens behind the scenes. That's where all the juicy stuff happens anyway....

JD has been a fan/friend of Freja's since the very beginning. If you search his blog you can find mentions and pictures of Freja going all the way back to '07. Here's hoping Freja makes another appearance there soon.

Image Credits: twitpic.com/photos/jdvision, mariotestino.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like what your doing with this blog, keep it up. I recently watched this film Water Lilies, and could not get over the resemblance between Freja and the actress Pauline Acquart. Check it out

Ariel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ariel said...

I agree with you, I think there are better choices for Freja's card. Her beautiful face is hidden!

I love your blog btw, I am a huge Freja fan!

SF said...

i can think of 20 other pics they could've used.WOW,Daria looks good.

Rrose Sélavy said...

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :) I really do appreciate your time and I love reading the things you all have to say.

Anonymous said...

I think we should collectively email and IMG and ask them to re-consider their choice of Freja's model card LOL. And I agree there are other/better pictures of Freja out there.