Friday, December 4, 2009

Better Pictures

Here are some higher quality pictures from yesterday's Chanel show. As usual, click through to enlarge. And according to style.com, Freja closed the show. Well...technically Baptiste closed it, but Freja was the last girl out. So she's continuing on her roll with Karl and Chanel. So much so that she's nearly becoming synonymous with the modern Chanel woman, and I'm undecided as to whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.



I guess it's great for Freja and her financial stability. Maybe not so great when it comes to other designers being able to envision her for their labels. I don't know, I guess we'll see.

Image Credits: style.com

3 comments:

pam said...

i don't think that's much of a worry though. it's really up to the designer. looking at models as plain canvases should really be their job. not being influenced by another artist's (designer) take on the piece (girl).

Rrose Sélavy said...

I definitely agree. However, sometimes a model becomes so associated with a particular brand that it might be hard for others to see past that regardless. Maybe not the best example, but when Brad was still Karl's fav he only worked for Karl and barely anyone else. I just don't want that to happen to Freja.

idk, it seemed like that was the case, but then she was in the Meisel ed. I guess if I've learned anything about Freja, it's that's she's full of surprises.

cultcat said...

I wouldn't worry. Daria did a lot of Chanel a few years back, and she has still managed to work for many other designers since then.