Thursday, December 10, 2009

London Again?

It feels like the SS10 shows just ended, but it's already time to start thinking about the FW1011 season just two short months away! And Burberry starts things off with the news that their runway show will again be held in London instead of Milan.

When I heard about this move last season, I was a bit skeptical as to whether Freja would walk in London. I knew she was a Burberry runway regular (and I'm convinced that if she were British she'd already have a campaign under her belt). But in nine seasons on the runway circuit she never once made it to London. Nevertheless, she surprised us all with a strong debut season walking in 6 shows, which makes me wonder if she'll repeat her performance for the upcoming season?



Freja started working like crazy halfway through 2009 with tons of editorials, campaigns and her strongest runway showing in a while. So if she keeps this up my guess is she'll be making the London stop again. But at this point it's all conjecture. You never know about the runway prospects of established models like Freja. One season they're everywhere, the next season they're gone...I'm looking at you Raquel Zimmermann.

Image Credits: style.it

3 comments:

SF said...

i hope the established models have a strong showing next season.i like new faces but they completely overpopulated the runway last season.

Anonymous said...

I agree, SF. I was really glad to see Daria at Balmain.

Rrose Sélavy said...

I agree to a certain extent, because I do love discovering the new girls. But surprises like Daria at Balmain are wonderful too. I guess there has to be more of a balance, and last season was def dominated by the new.