Friday, December 18, 2009

Spur


Whew! Just wrapped my last booking of the year...Freja Beha Erichsen for Spur ...coming sometime in Spring 2010. I must be mum and not preview too may of the choice looks (it was a personal style story) or unveil too many of of Freja's disclosures before the story runs but suffice it to say it was a lovely sitting with the coolest girl around. A fast shoot in a real location instead of another sterile studio...a ruthlessly efficient team tracking the strict briefs from the Tokyo office ... mid-70's rock n roll vibrating from the speakers...you have to love a calm, laid back gig like this. Now if only fashion could be like that EVERY day.
Thanks to the The Imagist, we have info on some upcoming work. Personal style story eh? Should be interesting to see how that works out considering that Freja's style as we know it is pretty basic and black. But you know how they always like to gussie things up for features like this. So maybe we'll see more designer labels? Perhaps some Yohji, Junya, and Comme des Garcons? That would be fitting considering the publication's country of origin.

Speaking of, any readers out there from Japan? If so, wanna send me a copy when this comes out? I'll be eternally grateful. Onegai shimasu? I'm actually being kind of serious here because I have no idea where or even if Spur is sold near me.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how this story turns out. And it's always nice to hear news that reinforces the perception we have of Freja as cool, laid back and easy to work with. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about this girl. Have you?

And before I forget, happy holidays everyone! I'm officially on vacation until 2010, but will try to update as much as I can provided that there's news for me to update on. After all, fashion and Freja need vacations too. :)

Image Credits: theimagist

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, I expect to see a lot of black but that's our Freja;)

Ange said...

i'm in love with the picture.