Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Valentino Haute Couture

In somewhat of a surprise, Freja walked in and opened the Valentino Haute Couture F/W 10.11 show earlier today in Paris. Surprising because it was her first time walking for Valentino HC, and not so surprising because she is one of the current faces of the brand (the two other campaign girls - Monika Jagaciak and Tati Cotliar - walked the show as well).




Earlier I asked, "who is the new Valentino woman?" Well, maybe it's Freja. Having her both open the show and star in the campaign sends quite a modern message for a house so usually bound with classicism, don't you think?

Anyway, it's great to see her on the HC runways, first at Chanel and now at Valentino. Gives me the confidence to presume that we'll see Freja dominate the ready-to-wear runways comes September. Even if contemporaries like Lily, Lara and Heidi are slowing down in their runway work, Freja seems to be going full speed ahead; just the way we fans like it! Although that doesn't mean that the truncated seasons of SS08 and SS09 aren't still fresh in my mind. I'll never forget those...they've scarred me somewhat and no matter how well Freja does, a part of me will always be scared that she'll disappear again.

Image Credits: style.it

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hat did you think of the overall collection??

Rrose Sélavy said...

^I liked it. A big improvement for the designers I would say, especially from their last haute couture collection. :)

Anonymous said...

It hurts to think of any disappearance right now.
She can walk out of model career some time in the future, but I still want to see her at least every month on the news, Freja in the music industry (as she told in Vogue UK) is good , still