Monday, November 8, 2010

Freja on Style.com

OK, the number of comments and e-mails that I've received telling me about this video probably means that you all want me to post it. So here it is:



Thanks to all who informed me of its existence! :) I saw it last week, but didn't think there was anything noteworthy enough to blog about. But I guess general consensus thought otherwise. All I can say is you are a very insistent, but very thoughtful bunch and I do appreciate it. It's comforting to know that if I ever miss anything Freja related, all you wonderful readers will keep me in the loop!

Anyway, like I was saying, there's nothing terribly new or revelatory in this video. It's just nice to get some new candid material every so often, and it's nice to have Style.com recognizing Freja. As time goes on, it seems like more and more fashion outlets are beginning to realize Freja's popularity, so she's definitely well on her way towards cementing her revered status as one of the industry's top contemporary model icons.

Freja seems a bit more demure and polite in this interview, but she comes across just as grounded and as approachable as ever. One of the things I like best about her is that she seems to have a really good head on her shoulders, as cliche as that sounds. Despite years in the industry and all her success, you really get the sense that Freja isn't that much different than she would have been if modeling had not found her. It's this grounded quality that draws fans to her and breeds their intense loyalty. Freja also displays a trademark confidence that we've come to know, but it's tempered by glimpses of a vulnerability. This push/pull is best summed up by this quote about walking for Prada:
"It was definitely nerve racking. I remember being really nervous before, but that's a feeling that goes away. You get used to it and now I've done so many shows. It's pretty simple. You just have to walk so.....it's not so much to get nervous about."
This is why fans love her. She's effortless, comforting, cool and relatable all at the same time.

3 comments:

hanne said...

i love freja but she looks like a skeleton in this video. kinda scary, actually.

Anonymous said...

She came across very media trained. She is being primed for the big time.

balletomane3 said...

Thank you for posting this. I have not yet seen her in a video where I got to hear her voice. And now I have.

I do wonder about her life apart from modeling. What does she like? What does she dislike? What are were her hobbies and interests? Was she the type of girl who was beautiful AND knew it? Or was she they type who really didn't know it or pay attention to it? Are / were there any sports that she does / did? Do you have post where we learn more about her apart from her life in modeling?