Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Final Tally - FW1112

What month it's been. The fashion season is officially over and what started out on such a down beat for Freja fans ended on a high note with a great turnout in Paris! Arguably the most important and most meaningful of the four cities when it comes to impact, important impressions and future bookings. That's up for debate of course.

I'm a little sad that there's no need for a detailed recap like previous seasons since Freja walked so few shows, but oh well! More time to play the campaign guessing game. If you're interested, previous season recaps are here: SS10, FW1011, SS11

FREJA BEHA ERICHSEN
FW1112 TOTAL: 14
FW1112 MILAN/PARIS: 14
OPENED: 3 | CLOSED: 2

London: No shows walked

Milan: No shows walked

New York: No shows walked

Paris:
Alexander McQueen (O)
Balenciaga
Balmain
Celine
Chanel (O)
Chloe (O)
Givenchy
Haider Ackermann
Hakaan
Lanvin
Louis Vuitton
Miu Miu
Valentino (C)
Yves Saint Laurent (C)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of.....
  • Cities walked: 1
  • Shows walked: 14
  • Shows opened: 3
  • Shows closed: 2
  • Outfits total: 23
In order of appearance...............







Biggest surprise of the season for me was seeing Freja open McQueen. Show I was most happy to see her at is a three-way tie between Haider Ackermann, Celine and Chloe. The former two because I love the clothes so much, the later one because it was absolute heaven to see Freja open and Aymeline close. Best look was Freja's stunning YSL closing number. Talk about breathtaking. Anyway, another successful season down. I feel like Freja made the right choice by taking some time off early in the season and coming back for the important shows. Standard supply vs. demand. :) And it would have been awkward to see her not walk for Chanel, Louis Vuitton or Valentino since she's in all their current campaigns. For me, not seeing her at her usual NY and Milan shows made me miss her and realize I was taking her a bit for granted. I suppose there is a lot of truth to the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder."

In any case, much like how there's no crying in baseball, there's no rest in fashion. You can bet all the models are now jetting off around the world trying to secure their placements and bookings for the very fast approaching campaign rigmarole. That being said, I hope Freja scores Chanel again. That dark, masculine collection was tailor made for her. And yes, as much as I'm over the masculine side of Freja, I really can't think of anyone else who would be as great a fit for the collection as she is. Don't let us down Karl. Not now. Lets go for a record 5 times in a row, 7 times over all! I'd also love to see her for Chloe again, and something like Miu Miu. Lots of wishful thinking I know; but with Freja anything's possible.

Image Credits: vogue.it

8 comments:

Gabrielle said...

this Chanel collection is definitely for Freja LOL! Black is always good to Freja!!

Mona Lisa Overdrive said...

I thought Freja's appearance at Valentino was her strongest showing at Paris Fashion Week. As always with Valentino, it was very feminine and sexy collection. And OMG she had 3 looks! I'm sure Chiuri and Piccioli love Freja just as much as we do. I wasn't too impressed with the Chanel collection this year. It seemed a little too Hot Topic for my taste. Also the baggy pants kind of ruined it for me. Personally I preferred Riccardo Tisci's dark bondage style silhouettes at Givenchy over Karl's folkloric gothica.

Anonymous said...

cant believe the news didnt catch this!! its been 2 days since the news was posted on WWD. Freja for Valentino perfume campaign!!!! http://www.wwd.com/eyescoop/eye/paris-parties-during-fashion-week-3546104

Anonymous said...

for me,i hope freja can get the chanel FW 11 ad campign.it's made for her.I really can't think of anyone else who would be as great a fit for the collection as she is too.plz uncle karl,give the ad for freja.and Valentino,ithink freja can get it,they love her much.but i think chanel is quite important than valentino for freja

Anonymous said...

afsfsftyfgretyreyyewt

tom said...

i wonder if karl's really getting marry wif Baptiste..

Rrose Sélavy said...

@ anonymous: Thanks so much for the heads up and the catch! Nice job. :) Thanks again!

Dorothea Ho said...

Is leading finale as important as opening and closing ? Finale is quite a scene and I know you love it, Rrose. Freja used to just lead the finale but not open nor close (she was the 2nd or 3rd look).